Thursday, August 16, 2012

Untitled

1206_ll_golftips_lead
Golf-loving Lexus owners, the U.S. Women’s Open kicks off this week, which means you’re likely approaching the apex of your own golfing season.

With that in mind, we asked the Lexus-sponsored pros to offer just one piece of golfing advice that they themselves live by out there, something that they’d like to share with their fellow Lexus owners for a little from-one-golfer-to-another inspiration:

1
MARK O’MEARA
Lexus-sponsored since:
2007

Golfing advice he lives by: “Ben Hogan once told me to keep my lower body very still—to feel as if it is in cement. This will allow your upper body to coil properly, with your lower body turning later in your swing. It helps you create a more powerful swing.”

2
ANNIKA SÖRENSTAM
Lexus-sponsored since:
2006

Golfing advice she lives by: “I was 15 years old and practicing on the range at Bro-Bålsta Golf Club. It started to rain so I called my dad to pick me up. As we drove out, my dad saw several juniors still hitting balls. He turned to me and said, ‘you know, Annika, there are no shortcuts to success.’ That was over 25 years ago and it still drives me to this day—not just in golf, but in life.”

3
RAYMOND FLOYD
Lexus-sponsored since:
1996

Golfing advice he lives by: “The best advice I ever received was from my father, who told me the game of golf was not fair.”

4
NATALIE GULBIS
Lexus-sponsored since:
2010

Golfing advice she lives by: “To have fun. It’s a gift to be able to play the game of golf and it should be treated that way.”

5
CHARLES HOWELL III
Lexus-sponsored since:
2008

Golfing advice he lives by: “In golf, nothing is given. You have to work hard or get passed.”

6
JOHNNY MILLER
Lexus-sponsored since:
2008

Golfing advice he lives by: “Truly enjoy your good shots, and when you do hit a good shot, celebrate it.”

7
PETER JACOBSEN
Lexus-sponsored since:
2004

Golfing advice he lives by: “My father taught me to play, and he always stressed the importance of rhythm in the swing. Any hurried motion in your swing will cause problems!”

8
MARK PFEIL
Lexus-sponsored since:
2007

Golfing advice he lives by: “Keep proper perspective. Always be mindful that golf is just a game.”

9
JASON DAY
Lexus-sponsored since:
2011

Golfing advice he lives by: “Find a coach or teacher you believe in, then work hard, work hard, work hard.”

10
NICK WATNEY
Lexus-sponsored since:
2005

Golfing advice he lives by: “What you put into it, you will get out of it.”

Courtesy of Lexus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment